Carvalhas 2016 White Wine
Carvalhas white wine was born through an ambitious approach to small plots of white grapes located in one of the highest points of the Quinta, where the Viosinho and Gouveio grape varieties benefit from a high altitude (400m), providing the ideal conditions for ripening the grapes
The Quinta das Carvalhas is a property of great beauty and spectacularity, with a predominant position on the slope of the left bank of the Douro River in Pinhão, which extends along the slopes of the right bank of the affluent Torto River.
The earliest written references to the Quinta date back to 1759, with its magnificent Old Vines, of post-phylloxeric planting, reaching the respectable age of a century
- White Wine
- Viosinho and Gouveio
- It is perfect with soft cheeses, fish dishes and white meat dishes
- Tasting Notes
- Bright citrus color, very fine and delicate aromas, with notes of fruit with nuances of vanilla and toast. It brings a feeling of lightness due to its freshness of tastes and lively acidity, ending with a very clean and refreshing persistence
- 10 - 12ºC
- The grapes are pressed in pneumatic press. The fermentation begins in stainless steel tanks with temperature control and ends in new French oak barrels.
- 8 months in the same barrels on fine lees
- Wine Maker
- Jorge Moreira
- Total Acidity
- 5,7 g/l
- Bottle Size
- 750 ml
16 other products in the same category:
- No related products at this time.