Ferreira Dona Antónia Reserva Tawny Port Wine
Porto Ferreira Dona Antónia Reserva Tawny reveals a beautiful red colour, with intense tawny shades that recall its slow maturation in wood. Its bouquet is intense and rich with hints of very ripe fruit and floral notes. In the mouth, it is a full-bodied and rich-flavoured wine, extremely well balanced, that combines elegance with a delicate yet persistent finish
Since 1751 Ferreira name has always been synonymous with high-quality Portuguese wine. The brand's history is intertwined with the history of the evolution of the Douro Region (demarcated in 1756) and its Porto and table wines (Douro DOC).
Dona Antonia, endowed with exceptional energy and a rare commercial talent gave great impetus to wine-growing in Douro and was well-known for her acts of social welfare in the region. Her intelligence and kindness earned her the warm admiration of her contemporaries, who affectionately nicknamed her "Ferreirinha" (little Ferreira).
Today, more than 250 years later, Ferreira is "the Portuguese brand", the benchmark in excellent quality Porto and Douro wine as "Porto Ferreira", "Barca Vellha" "Reserva Especial", "Callabriga", "Quinta da Leda" and "Antónia Adelaide Ferreira", the symbol of a country and a culture it proudly honours.
- Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Cão, Tinta Amarela
- It is very good served on its own, accompanying some selected entrées or as dessert wine. It also accompanies beautifully most sweets, desserts and cheeses
- Tasting Notes
- Complex, its spice and nutty notes derive from the evolution in oak wood, through oxidation In the mouth, it is a full-bodied and rich-flavoured wine, extremely well balanced, that combines elegance with a delicate yet persistent finish
- 12 - 16ºC
- Softly crushed and partial stalk-removal, fermented with maceration. The process takes place under strict control of temperature and wine density, making it possible for the winemaker to choose the ideal moment for the addition of wine alcohol
- The final blend is composed with wines from different ages (between 4 and 12 years of age, achieving an average age of about 7 years)
- Wine Maker
- Luís Sottomayor
- Total Acidity
- Bottle Size
- 750 ml
Customers who bought this product also bought:
16 other products in the same category:
- No related products at this time.