Caves São João 97 Anos de Historia 2014 Red Wine
Nice structure, freshness and length in mouths. Perception of the aromatic sensations, felt in the direct nasal olfaction. Tannins present, but well tamed. Great capacity of ageing
Founded in 1920 by the brothers José, Manuel and Albano Costa, Caves São João is a family business that, in the beginning, was dedicated to the marketing of fine Douro wines and liqueurs. Today, it is the oldest family business still operating in the municipality of Anadia.
- Red Wine
- Roasted or grilled meat, fat fish, game and cheese, among many other delicacies of intense flavours and textures
- Tasting Notes
- Very fine and elegant aroma, with notes of eucalyptus, resins, fruit black, dried figs, hay and spices, typical of this variety. Tannins present, but well tamed. Great capacity of ageing
- The grapes were harvested manually and carefully vinified with complete maceration, in a lagarwith pneumatic treader
- 12 months in oak barrels French, then 18 months in cement vat
- Bottle Size
- 750 ml
8 other products in the same category:
- No related products at this time.