In Madeira wine, the different varieties are related to the degree of sweetness, which allows us to find dry, medium dry, medium sweet and sweet wines.
Blandy's 10 years old Verdelho is refined and does not require decanting. Aged in oak barrels according to the "canteiro" process, after being filtered and clarified, the wine is bottled ready to drink, so it can hold for several months after opening. It presents a topaz color with golden highlights. Medium dry, concentrated and full-bodied, it manifests aromas of orange, spices, and nuts, which reflect its freshness and balance in terms of acidity. Its finish is long. It goes very well with soups, oysters and pâtés, and serving it as a slightly chilled aperitif will add an even better touch.
In several competitions, this wine managed to reach the podium.
- Silver Medal International Wine & Spirit Competition 2014;
- Bronze Medal Decanter World Wine Awards 2014;
- Bronze Medal International Wine Challenge 2014;
- Silver Medal International Wine & Spirit Competition 2013;
- Gold Medal International Wine Challenge 2013;
- Silver Medal Decanter World Wine Awards 2012;
- Silver Medal International Wine & Spirit Competition 2012;
- Gold Medal International Wine Challenge 2012.
Available in our online store.