Niepoort Bioma Vintage 2015 Port Wine
Bioma “Vinha Velha” is a single vineyard Vintage Port, rather than a single Quinta. The “Vinha Velha” refers to the extraordinary age of the vines at Vinha da Pisca, mostly exceeding 80 years old
Bioma is an ultra-traditional style of Vintage Port. This wine is inspired by the old Vintage Ports from 1970 and before, which were shipped in lodge pipes (550 liters) to England
- Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinto Cão, Tinta Francisca, Tinta Amarela, Sousão, Touriga Nacional and others
- Perfect with “Queijo da Serra”, Stilton or other blue cheeses. Egg based desserts and “pão de ló” (Portuguese sponge based cake).
- Tasting Notes
- Appearance of deep purple accompanied by a purple rim. Aroma exuberant of youthful fruit. Dark plums and blackberries with firm grainy tannins on the mid palate giving both structure and power to the wine leading to a grainy but not aggressive finish.
- The grapes were trodden entirely by foot with 100% stems. After fortification with brandy, the Port was left to settle over the winter. In springtime was transferred to a very cool part of the winery at Quinta de Nápoles and racked into pipes.
- 3 years in pipes
- Wine Maker
- Dirk Niepoort
- Total Acidity
- 4.54 g/dm3
- Bottle Size
- 750 ml
8 other products in the same category:
- No related products at this time.