Niepoort Vintage 2000 Port Wine
Niepoort Vintage 2000 presents concentrated aromas of ripe dark fruits, damsons and hints of black pepper. Intense on the palate and full bodied with a long rich after-taste
Vintage Port maintains Niepoort's tradition of making balanced Ports with great concentration, being at the same time fine and delicate.
The magic of Vintage Port is different in every phase: as a young wine it captures the youthful fruit characters. Then, after 20 years or more, the effects of the slow bottle age integration are revealed and finally, after many decades, the spirit dominates the wine. Vintage Port is amazing in all the three phases
- Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinto Cão, Tinta Francisca, Tinta Amarela, Sousão, Tinta Roriz and others
- Perfect with “Queijo da Serra”, a Stilton or other blue cheeses. Egg based desserts with “Pão de Ló” (Portuguese sponge based cake).
- Tasting Notes
- Concentrated aromas of ripe dark fruits, damsons and hints of black pepper. Intense on the palate and full bodied with a long rich after-taste.
- It was created from low-yielding old vines in the Cima Corgo region of Douro Valley. The grapes were trodden in "lagares" and later the Port was matured in large wooden vats and also in barrels at our lodges in Vila Nova de Gaia.
- 2 years in cask
- Wine Maker
- Dirk Niepoort
- Total Acidity
- 4.2 g/dm3
- Bottle Size
- 750 ml
Customers who bought this product also bought:
16 other products in the same category:
- No related products at this time.