Ferreira Dona Antónia 10 Years Old Port Wine
Dona Antónia 10 Years Old is a special wine. This Port Wine presents a deep tawny;an excellent balance between the quality of its original grapes and wine and its ageing through oxidation in wood. In the mouth, the classic and fresh style of the Ferreira brand is conspicuous, achieving a fine balance between the different sensations in the wine body and in the long final in the mouth
Since 1751 Ferreira name has always been synonymous with high-quality Portuguese wine. The brand's history is intertwined with the history of the evolution of the Douro Region (demarcated in 1756) and its Porto and table wines (Douro DOC).
Dona Antonia, endowed with exceptional energy and a rare commercial talent gave great impetus to wine-growing in Douro and was well-known for her acts of social welfare in the region. Her intelligence and kindness earned her the warm admiration of her contemporaries, who affectionately nicknamed her "Ferreirinha" (little Ferreira).
Today, more than 250 years later, Ferreira is "the Portuguese brand", the benchmark in excellent quality Porto and Douro wine as "Porto Ferreira", "Barca Vellha" "Reserva Especial", "Callabriga", "Quinta da Leda" and "Antónia Adelaide Ferreira", the symbol of a country and a culture it proudly honours.
- Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Cão, Tinta Amarela
- Ideal with foie-gras or intense cheese pies, salty vol-au-vents or creamy sea-food, desserts such as nut and dry fruit tarts, crème brûlée and cured or blue cheese, or when served on its own
- Tasting Notes
- In the mouth, the classic and fresh style of the Ferreira brand is conspicuous, achieving a fine balance between the different sensations in the wine body and in the long final in the mouth
- 12 - 16ºC
- Controlled fermentation took place in stainless steel vats and it was stopped through the addition of wine alcohol. The resulting wines were very elegant and with a good ageing potential
- The final blend is obtained using wines aged between 8 and 15 years, so as always to achieve the average age
- Wine Maker
- Luís Sottomayor
- Total Acidity
- 4.67 g/l
- Bottle Size
- 750 ml
Customers who bought this product also bought:
8 other products in the same category:
- No related products at this time.