Vallado 2018 Red Wine
Vallado Red Wine reveals concentrated, with intense mature red fruit aromas, hints of violets and "esteva" (a local Portuguese resinous bush). Good structure with matured round tannins and a long persistent finish
Quinta do Vallado, established in 1716, is one of the oldest and most famous Quintas in the Douro Valley. It once belonged to the legendary Dona Antia Adelaide Ferreira, and still belongs to her descendents
- Red Wine
- Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Sousão and mixed old vineyards
- Red meats, roast beef and grilled meats.
- Tasting Notes
- Concentrated, with intense mature red fruit aromas, hints of violets and "esteva" (a local Portuguese resinous bush). Good structure with matured round tannins and a long persistent finish.
- All grapes were fermented under controlled temperature varying between 25º and 27ºC. The finest of the press wine, from a traditional basket press, was also used for ageing for the final blend
- 70% aged for 16 months in stainless steel tanks. The remaining 30% aged in 225 litres used French Oak barrique (3rd and 4th year) for 16 months until final blending
- Wine Maker
- Francisco Olazabal & Francisco Ferreira
- Bottle Size
- 750 ml
Customers who bought this product also bought:
16 other products in the same category:
- No related products at this time.