Barão de Vilar Vintage 1999 Port Wine
Port wine from a single exceptionally good harvest, having aged in large wooden hulls and bottled past 2 or 3 years. Throughout the aging period, the wine softens and slowly loses its dark color, gaining structure and complexit
The Barão de Vilar - Vinhos, S.A. is the most recent company of Port Wine, having been constituted, in January 1996, from a stock of wines acquired by Fernando Luiz van Zeller, ceded to his two sons Fernando and Álvaro.
Its social denomination recovers a nobiliárquico title granted by D. Maria II of Portugal to Cristiano Nicolau Kopke, the 1st Baron of Vilar, in 1836, that, by descent, is in direct possession of the family
- Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca and Tinto Cão
- Needs to be decanted. Perfect to drink with cow-cheeses or soft portuguese sheep-cheeses, ice-cream or as a digestive
- Tasting Notes
- As the wine ages it softens and slowly sheds its deep dark colour, gaining in structure and complexity
- Harvest begins towards the middle of September each year as pickers work the terraces to harvest the fully ripened grapes. The cool ambient temperature of the cellars and its location near the coast is ideal for the lengthy maturation of Port
- The wine matures in casks or in larger wooden vats
- Wine Maker
- Álvaro van Zeller
- Bottle Size
- 750 ml
8 other products in the same category:
- No related products at this time.