Adega Cooperativa de Vidigueira, Cuba e Alvito was founded in 1960, but its chronology goes far beyond its almost 60 years of existence. Its roots are intertwined with the history of the village itself, and with Vasco da Gama - the Count of Vidigueira, to whom D. Jaime, Duke of Bragança gave the village in 1519. Thus arose the first connections of Vidigueira with the family of Gama.
Based on the effort and dream of most of the wine growers in the regions of Vidigueira, Cuba and Alvito, this winery, one of the oldest in Portugal, is today a modern and visionary SME. In the winery's viticultural patrimony are discovered native grape varieties, perfected from generation to generation, among which stands out the Antão Vaz grape variety. This caste legitimated as the caste of Vidigueira and muse inspiring the Winery, gives rise to an exceptional white wine whose notoriety is worth the title of "O Branco do Alentejo".