Preta 2011 Red Wine
It is safe to say that 2011 is one of the great years of Portugal. "At the same time a special vintage, the last with our founding partner, winegrower, exceptional human being and great friend, David Booth. This is the reflection of when everything aligns, even if only for a short time."
A 23-year-old winemaker and an English winemaker could only go wrong. "Portuguese winemaker António Maçanita and English consultant and winemaker David Booth met in early 2004. Over the next few months, Antonio was already learning viticulture with David and a great friendship developed. The next step would be to make wine. First wine, first success, with the Alentejo Trophy at the International Wine Challenge, awarded for the second time in 22 years of competition
- Red Wine
- Touriga Nacional, Alicante Bouschet and Aragonez
- Accompany with dishes such as baked in red meat or game, and also combinations of meat with black fruit jams. It also blends fantastically with cheese from the creamy "Azeitão" to a traditional "Roquefort"
- Tasting Notes
- Concentrated and intense aroma, notes of blackberries and crushed blueberries, with floral touch and subtle aroma of toasted almonds from the barrel. In the mouth the attack is full, full bodied with firm and very mature tannins
- Alcoholic and malolactic fermentations occur naturally without recourse to inoculation. The post-fermentative maceration with the skins lasts for 28 days
- 18 months in new French oak barrels
- Wine Maker
- António Maçanita
- Bottle Size
- 750 ml
16 other products in the same category:
- No related products at this time.